Saturday 20 July 2013

Uluru ... our time at the Rock

We recently spent a couple of days at Uluru.
I visited the Rock 21 years ago when it was acceptable to climb it, and so I did.
Knowing what I know now, I regret climbing it, but what's done is done.

This time, we spent more time walking around it, and enjoying it's magnificent beauty from the ground.
It took us about 3-4 hours to walk the 10km around the base.

My daughter and I also spent quite a few hours admiring it at sunset and trying to capture that perfect shot.
We weren't hugely successful but we got a few.
Most shots were a little cloudy, but sometimes the clouds help make the photo more interesting.

These are a few shots taken around the place during our visit.


The roads are long and straight out there. This photo was taken on my phone so it's a little grainy.



Just one example of the requests the Anangu people make for people not to climb the rock



A few of the rock features around the base





A few sunset pics on a cloudy evening





... and on a clear cloudless evening



... and early morning with the summit covered in cloud








2 comments:

  1. Love the sunset pics, they look great with & without clouds x
    (I'll have to come over & have a look at all of them one Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the sunset pictures. We learned a bit about Australia last year so it is neat to see this. I came from Scavenger hunt Sunday.

    ReplyDelete