Saturday 2 March 2013

Scavenger Hunt

I have been wanting to join in with Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday for a while now, and finally found some time to do it.  This week she has chosen 5 colours of the rainbow.

So here are my 5 photos for the week.

RED
My friend has a beautiful flowering gum tree out the front of her house, and it is in full bloom at the moment - I love summer.



ORANGE
Last year I went on a walk around the streets of Cabramatta in south-western Sydney.  There were so many things on display, but the amount of fresh produce was amazing.



YELLOW
I had to drive up to the Hunter Valley this week for work and took my camera 'just in case'.  These flowers on the side of the road caught my eye.



GREEN
I took this photo last year, mucking around with my camera under a tree in our front yard.




BLUE
We had a lovely beach holiday a few weeks ago. During one of our evening walks we spotted hundreds of blue bottles along the beach.  Luckily, no-one was stung.



Joining in with

17 comments:

  1. I like Green and Blue.
    What great finds!

    I'm not a robot but verif drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots Jane, love the flowering gum and the mandarins. I always think it's a good plan to take the camera just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love red - such a fun flower! Green is wicked cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set! I'm noticing a nature theme this week...perhaps we are all craving spring. The colors are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking Sarah. We are just entering Autumn here so I'm craving a little bit of the cooler weather. I will miss these summer flowers though :)

      Delete
  5. Powerful pop of color in these. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! That green shot is amazing.
    As I sit looking out my window at snow & cold, I am dreaming of your warm summer days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long now ... and then we will be cold and you will be warm. Unfortunately no snow where I live, and i suppose it doesn't really get that cold either, but it's all relative I guess.

      Delete
  7. Red is beautiful.
    Green was way cool looking
    Blue - Is that really an animal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ida :) And yes, blue bottles are animals (well, some sort of sea creature anyway). We get them on the east coast of Australia when the northeasterlies blow in. They're not deadly, but they do have a very nasty sting! Check out one of my early January posts when I posted some other pictures of them taken on the same day.

      Delete
  8. Love all the photos, especially the green! That's cool! How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - thanks for the feedback. For that green shot I sat under a tree and focused on a few leaves (50mm lens with f 16), then used a slightly slowish shutter speed (1/8) while I twisted the camera. I took quite a few before I got a good one. I found that twisting my hands before I took the shot and the 'unravelling' them back to the normal position worked best - if that makes sense.

      Delete
  9. Hey!
    I like your blog, and interesting to see some pictures of the summer again... In Norway we still have winter whith snow and storms :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your photos are amazing. Sometimes I wish we got snow here in Sydney, it look so beautiful.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous, vibrant set! Loved your red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely summer colours. Green is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete